Friday, July 20, 2007

Why I Nag...

8:30am
Mom: M, go get dressed, please.

8:35am
Mom: M, go get dressed, please.

8:45am
Mom: M, GO GET DRESSED NOW!

M: I heard you the first time.

Mom: Then why didn't you do it?

M: I was going to, but you didn't give me enough time to obey.

10:30am
Mom: M, please take your toys off the table.

11:00am
Mom: M, I asked you to take your toys off the table. Did you hear me?

M: Yes.

Mom: I gave you 30 minutes to obey. When were you planning to get around to it?

M: When you told me to again.

5 comments:

chelleybutton said...

nice... (but I remember acting that way too:)

chelleybutton said...

And they say males are the more logical sex...

Chris G said...

What? I understood his point completely!

hobbitsister said...

what kind of mom are you, not giving your child ample time to obey?

melilotnfosco said...

my g'pa once told me and my cousin to get dressed. when our parents came home and asked us why we weren't our answer was 'he didn't say it with authority!'