Friday, July 13, 2007

Concerning Weight Problems...

I have struggled with my weight ever since I hit puberty due to numerous medical problems. I have never really fad dieted, but I like to read about them:) I am a devoted Weight Watcher member and still swear by it. I have accepted the fact that I may never be a size 8 or even a 10, but I eat healthy and exercise fanatically. I am actually in better shape than a lot of "smaller" women who don't jog 6 miles a day, do yoga 4 times a week and lift weight 3 times a week (told you I was a fanatic). I have been training to run in my first marathon in January (more on that later) and I am happy with the progress I have made. Now, can someone please tell me why ANYONE IN THEIR RIGHT MIND would take that new weight loss drug to lose that extra 15 pounds!?!?!? Have you heard about the side effects which include dehydration and oily diarrhea? Why would you do that to yourself to lose 15 POUNDS!?!?!? Can anyone explain this to me, 'cause I just don't get it!

4 comments:

hobbitsister said...

i've often wondered why they market these kinds of things to people who are 15 to 20 pounds overweight

chelleybutton said...

and it's probably not permanent... right? ;)

BusyMommy said...

I don't know. But if I had to wager a guess no one knows at this point in time because the medication was just approved. I'd guess not since the only thing that forces you to eat "right" are the side effects that would go away as soon as you stopped taking the medication.

chelleybutton said...

Hmm, I'll stick to my highly variable exercise routine and still complaining about not being thin. ;)