Friday, July 13, 2007

The Disturbing Damon Dream...

Okay, I finally have a few minutes to myself to type this out. When M was 18 months old I had this dream that he and Chris were killed in a car accident. If that wasn't disturbing enough, in my dream I met Matt Damon shortly after they had died and we became "friends". Then (in my dream) God spoke to me and told me that he had led Matt into my life so that I could lead him to Christ. There are so many reasons why this dream was disturbing that I just can't explain them all, but the worst thing was that it made me feel guilty. Almost like I wanted to get rid of Chris and M and date Matt Damon! Anyway, I told hobbitsister and a half-hour later she was swearing to people that I had tried to convert Matt Damon by trapping him in a men's room, stripping naked and telling him he couldn't leave until he repented his sins! (That SO didn't happen!) The point is, hobbitsister is a good friend to have because every time you start to over analyze anything she makes you realize how stupid you are being without actually saying, "you are being really stupid!". (Although, I am fairly certain she has said that to me once or twice, but in her defense I was probably being really, really stupid and it needed to be said.) So even if hobbitsister tells people lies about my relationship with Matt Damon (which is purely fictional:) I still love her lots and miss her like crazy. BUT PLEASE NOTE...the Chippendale's thing was COMPLETELY her idea, even if she told her husband otherwise...

9 comments:

chelleybutton said...

yikes, that is disturbing! (dreams are sooo weird!)
and friends like hobbitsister are really nice -- i definitely need to be reminded not to over-analyze too, and joking is always a great way to do that -- although it does get a bit frustrating when it seems like they firmly believe that's what really happened.. ;)

BusyMommy said...

She is delusional...

hobbitsister said...

"a half-hour later she was swearing to people that I had tried to convert Matt Damon by trapping him in a men's room, stripping naked and telling him he couldn't leave until he repented his sins!"
funny, i don't remember that part...

BusyMommy said...

Of course you don't...how convient;)

hobbitsister said...

i just know i couldn't have survived having preschoolers were it not for you (and your snack drawer)

BusyMommy said...

Now that I have my own kids the funnest thing in my snack drawer is fruit roll-ups. How boring:(

chelleybutton said...

Fruit roll-ups sound quite good... and I like on "13 Going On 30" when she wraps one around her finger to eat it during an office meeting :))

hobbitsister said...

the snack drawer used to be filled with little debbies
we have a snack lazy susan cupboard, but it's pretty boring right now - pretty much just graham crackers and stale cheez-its

BusyMommy said...

Know something interesting? Crackers don't go stale here because we have no humidity to speak of. I know because when I find them ground into my carpeting days later they are still fresh.