Monday, July 23, 2007

I Want to be a Bear...

My SIL sent me this email today and I thought I'd share with you!

Gonna Be A Bear

In this life I am a woman. In the next life I'd like to come back as a bear. When your a bear, you get to hibernate. You do nothing but sleep for six months. I could deal with that.

Before you hibernate you are supposed to eat yourself stupid. I could deal with that, too.

When you are a girl bear, you birth your children (who are the size of walnuts) while you are sleeping and wake to partially grown, cute, cuddly cubs. I could definitely deal with that.

If you are a mama bear, everyone knows you mean business. You swat anyone who bothers your cubs. If your cubs get out of line, you swat them, too. I could deal with that.

If your a bear, your mate EXPECTS you to wake up growling. He EXPECTS that you will have hairy legs and excess body fat.

Yup, I'm gonna be a bear.

10 comments:

hobbitsister said...

sign me up - i want to be a bear, too!

chelleybutton said...

yeah, she makes a strong point! I thought I wanted to be a cat (again, eating, sleeping, being moody:), but the bear's sounding even better! :)

hobbitsister said...

although cats do get to ignore people whenever they want to...

chelleybutton said...

and you couldn't cuddle with people (when you wanted to/on your terms) if you were a bear but you can as a cat... hmm, i dunno...

BusyMommy said...

Wow...I'm kinda glad that I don't believe in reincarnation. That would be a hard choice to make...

melilotnfosco said...

a bear would be great. i still like the male lion idea, though. sleep 23 hours of the day, and be awake for one, during which you get to roar and eat the food the female lions got for you.

Chris G said...

Well- would you rather sleep 20 hours a day, or 3 months straight?? Might make the choice eaiser...

BusyMommy said...

I'm pretty sure that I am that female lion.

chelleybutton said...

:))

Chris G said...

Grrrr-roar! ;)