Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Voting Was Fun...

Considering how the election turned out I am so glad I took M and Z with me to vote because we had a great time. There was no line and I was able to walk M through the entire voting process from start to finish. He was even able to look over the ballot without me feeling hurried. He asked a ton of questions and was so fascinated by all of it that I was suddenly fascinated, too. We even got in a little math by figuring out how many years it would be before he could vote for the president. And Z was a perfect little angel the whole time we were there. Just sat in the stroller and played with Megatron. Like I said, voting was fun.

7 comments:

Mary @ Giving Up On Perfect said...

I have loved hearing about people taking their kids with them to vote! Being a new parent, I never thought about that - what a great learning experience for them!!

chelleybutton said...

that is cool :)

melilotnfosco said...

there were lots of little people at the polls when i was there. there was a little 1 1/2ish year old in front of me who kept quietly saying in his little 1 1/2ish year old voice, 'o-ba-ma.' and his mommy and daddy would say quietly, 'we're here to vote.' 'o-ba-ma.' 'that's why we're here.' 'o-ba-ma.'
no matter you were voting for, you couldn't help but think that this little dude was pretty cute.

hobbitsister said...

this is the first year since we started homeschooling that we didn't take the girls with us. however, we've talked about it quite a bit.
believe it or not, erma gets to vote in 2012! (yikes!)

hobbitsister said...

one of scout's preschoolers declared with a scowl that he hates obama. the reason? red is his favorite color, and when he was watching TV with his dad tuesday night, obama kept coloring states blue instead of red.

BusyMommy said...

too funny! Way to focus on the real issues:)

chelleybutton said...

I got to vote my senior year of high school too and thought I was so special. :) Of course, now I don't like it, because it just means I get older before all my friends... ;) I wonder what Erma will think of it. :)