Thursday, November 20, 2008

Things I Have Learned From Our Current Economy...

I am the only one who can taste the difference between Kraft and the store brand Mac and Cheese.

One stop shopping only works if you don't forget 5 things.

If we run out of milk before I shop on Friday it can still wait. The kids won't die from drinking water and eating oatmeal for two days.

Dried beans are cheaper and make a lot more chili than canned ones.

1 pot of chili can bless 3 families without stretching my grocery budget.

Baking a cake with a mix bought on sale is cheaper than ice-cream and the kids don't care because dessert is dessert.

Everyone is pretty much in the same boat we are, so planning picnics at the park works great for everyone.

You can spend an hour at the Lego store and still have fun without buying anything.

The first thing to cut from the budget is cleaning supplies since I don't really use those anyway.

Except for laundry soap, but you can use about half a cup and get your clothes just as clean. Also, if you cut your fabric softener sheets in half you get twice as many for the same price.

My husband is a wonderful provider who never complains about how hard he has to work for us.

God continues to provide for all our needs and we continue to rely on Him, which means we've have nothing to worry about.

2 comments:

Mary @ Giving Up On Perfect said...

Hahaha to your cleaning supplies!! :) Me, too.

Fiona D. said...

I have learned:

If I have family--no matter what else--I am ok.

Someone always has a worse situation than mine.