Tuesday, November 4, 2008

As I Head Off To Cast My Vote...

So, grant us peace.
Jesus, grant us peace.
Move our hearts to hear a single beat.
Between alibis and enemies tonight.

Or maybe not, not today.
Peace might be another world away.
And if that's the case...

We'll give thanks to you,
With gratitude.
For lessons learned in how to trust in you.
That we are blessed beyond what we could ever dream,
In abundance or in need.
And if you never grant us peace...
But, Jesus, would you please...

-Nichole Nordeman, "Gratitude"

4 comments:

melilotnfosco said...

very appropriate

chelleybutton said...

I don't think I've ever heard that song -- do they play it on K-Love?

BusyMommy said...

Its an older song, but very beautiful. My favorite line is when she is singing about a roof over her head and says that we will give thanks because the starry sky offers a better view when no roof is overhead.

chelleybutton said...

That's a good point. :)