Sunday, November 9, 2008

Artwork...

Someone dropped by today to leave a package and commented on my "unusual taste in artwork". Let me try to explain.

My entryway is filled with the most beautiful art you have ever laid eyes on. That picture of Rocket? M drew that for Z when he was sick. That drawing of a choo-choo train that's hanging a little crooked? Z drew it and then hung it up all by himself. The lovely welcome home card was created just for us by Little Miss Muffet and taped to our door when we came home from Disneyland. We knew right away who it was from because of all the sparkly heart stickers. That blue storm trooper was hand-painted by my MN Neph who really liked his b-day gift this year. That cut out heart with the silly face on it? My husband made that just for me and left it on my nightstand. That paper plate covered in feathers is actually the dove that brought the olive branch back to Noah and the ribbon covered in beans and rice reminds us that God provides for all our needs. That family portrait was created by a 7-year-old, if you can believe it. And no, he didn't spell October wrong on that handmade calender; he knows how to write October in Spanish. And that very colorful drawing above the chair? Well, I don't really know what it is supposed to be, but I do know that Z spent over an hour working on it with the tip of his little tongue sticking out.

So what did I tell the UPS guy today? I just said, "I bet you've never seen so much priceless art on one wall!"

3 comments:

chelleybutton said...

What a great idea! If I ever visit you, I bet I'll spend hours (or at least the better part of one;) looking at all the treasures! :)

hobbitsister said...

you should take a picture of the wall and post it

BusyMommy said...

I've never put a picture on my blog before. Its an idea.