Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Thanksgiving Tree...

At our house every November we hang a tree. Every day we each add a leaf that has the year, our names and something we are thankful for. At the end of the month I laminate the leaves. Each year we hang up our tree we hang all the leaves from all the years. We have 5 years up now and it looks lovely to me. This is the first year Z has really understood what we are doing so it has been a lot of fun. Yesterday he was thankful for our family. Today when I asked him what he was thankful for he said, "Our family". I reminded him that he said that yesterday then gave him a few suggestions of other people and things he could be thankful for. He just grinned at me and said, "I'm really thankful for our family, but its okay, we have lots of leaves!"

5 comments:

chelleybutton said...

Does everybody do this thanksgiving tree activity but me? ;)

melilotnfosco said...

if he wants to be thankful for his family every day, GOD bless him. :)

my family doesn't have an activity. we just did it that one year in the dorms because i refused to let them have a Christmas tree up before thanksgiving.

hobbitsister said...

when scout was z's age, she alternated between being thankful for hot dogs and her blankies every day.

hobbitsister said...

remember when m was about 3, and when you'd ask his sunday school classmates for prayer requests, they'd respond with answers like "green" and "blue"?

BusyMommy said...

I know. I had one little boy that always prayed for yellow. So sweet. Today Z was thankful for candy, but then who isn't?