Thursday, April 2, 2009

Things That Have Been Bothering Me...

Joaquin Phoenix: There is a difference between becoming a rapper and becoming a jerk. I might have bought your album, but at this point I am just sick to death of you...

Oprah: Why would you feel that publicly offering unsolicited advice to a young celebrity that has just been victimized is appropriate? Would you take advice from someone who feels entitled to bring your abuse public instead of respecting your privacy?

Rosie: Um, you were allowed to make the decision to come out of the closet in your own time. No one outed you. So why do you feel it is appropriate to call into question everyone else's sexuality? Why can't they have the same freedom you had?

Lindsay Lohan: I'm not saying that the paparazzi is not out to get you. I don't know. All I know is that if you weren't doing naughty things or showing naughty parts they couldn't take pictures of them. Just saying.

That Guy On The Radio This Morning: Who was yelling about how the speed control cameras are violating his rights. What rights are you referring to, the right to break the law or the right not to get caught?

And don't even get me started on moms who refuse to discipline their children and then try to force mine to play with them...

Okay, I'm done now. What about you guys? Anything bothering you?

8 comments:

Chris G said...

The words:

bailout, stimulus, toxic, and did I mention...bail out?

chelleybutton said...

oh, boy, that's way too broad of a question! so i'll respond with some broad answers (this list is not exhaustive;) ...the government, media, taxes (which i have yet to do!), oprah, "green," bad driving (excluding my own, of course;), semantics (see chris's list(s), for example), guys, education system, school politics, sin...

chelleybutton said...

oh, & i agree about the oprah thing -- haven't heard much about your other examples

Mary @ Giving Up On Perfect said...

You're so funny! And RIGHT! Yeah...Oprah bugs me, too.

HonorMommy said...

Amen to the mom one at the bottom!

I cannot begin to list all of the political things that are bothering me right now...

Okay, I will name one name: Timothy Geithner who felt it was okay to tell China that we SHOULD drop the dollar as the international reserve currency--WAY TO GO U.S. SECRETARY OF TREASURY...DO YOU WANT TO COMPLETELY SHUT DOWN OUR ECONOMY...YOUR BOSS NOT DOING A GOOD ENOUGH JOB FOR YOU?????

Okay, that felt better...Deep breath....

BusyMommy said...

I wish the government would read my blog occasionally. Does anyone else wonder why we pay the president so much money and then provide him with free housing, board and transportation? If we (any normal person) has those needs taken care of they could live on next to nothing very comfortably!

chelleybutton said...

Busy, I think we provide him all those things because of all the things he's so graciously providing for us (through other people's money, of course;).

I wish the government would read your blog too... or even just use some common sense once in a while!

BusyMommy said...

Apparently we don't pay the government enough to use common sense;P