Thursday, April 19, 2007

YEAH...

It worked!!! So, quick update. If anyone knows a cure for transformer-itis we need 3 antidotes and quickly! I turned 30 without too many "you're getting old" jokes. I will be done with daycare next week and, while I thought that I would be relieved to have a break, I am actually feeling a little sad at the thought of not seeing my nephew regularly every week. (Not to mention my brother and darling sister-in-law!) We have a new nephew, Nathan, who arrived on April 12th. My neighbor had a baby, also (Quinton). So now I have baby-itis, but I am trying to lose more weight before the next one. (I am down 45 pounds, yeah for me!) I started "training" for the half-marathon coming up in January. (I am pretty much just continuing to run the six miles a day that I usually do, but I am planning to gradually add more.) Today is my husband's birthday, so I am making him a pie. Oh, yes, and when I ran my dishwasher today I smelled this funky smell. I turned it off and opened it and all this smoke came out of it. Now my house smells like burnt rubber and pumpkin pie. Hopefully maintenance will be here soon.

6 comments:

hobbitsister said...

happy birthday! i am the world's biggest dope for missing that one. i'm so sorry. i don't know how that happened, but please, please forgive me. i feel like a really lousy friend.

hobbitsister said...

oh, and you go girl, losing weight and running a half-marathon. you are my hero!

hobbitsister said...

and transformeritis, still? you poor dear.

hobbitsister said...

and sorry about your dishwasher. at least you don't have to fix/replace it yourself (one of the perks of apartment living)

BusyMommy said...

It's alright. I know how busy you have been. I hope things slow down for you a bit this summer.

hobbitsister said...

thank you, but busyness isn't an excuse. i'm really, truly, very sorry.