Saturday, April 21, 2007

Confusing Conversation...

We went to Sweet Tomatoes for lunch today. (It is a huge salad bar and soup place and one of our favorites.) While I was in line to get soup the lady in front of me asked if I had tried the chili, which has ground beef in it. I casually told her no and that I was a vegetarian and she looked at me and said, "It's low-fat you know," in this sarcastic voice. What?!?!? I don't not eat meat to lose weight, it's just a personal choice and it isn't like I said she was a bad person for eating meat (what do I care if other people eat meat?). Was she just mad that I wouldn't try the chili? I am just so confused...

3 comments:

hobbitsister said...

i would have said, "well, you may need the low-fat, but i don't. thank you for the information, though."

BusyMommy said...

Yes, but you are a lot more blunt than I am;)

hobbitsister said...

true...