Friday, March 27, 2009

That Moment...

Did you ever have one of those moments when someone mentions something offhand that indicates you made some sort of a commitment to them and you totally blank!?!?!? A couple days ago my friend called and asked if I "was still on for Saturday". I panicked, trying desperately to figure out what I had agreed to do and if I could figure it out before I had to answer her. Luckily when I hesitated she said she was only asking to make sure Chris could still make the cake, so she could pick one up if he didn't have time. DO YOU KNOW WHAT I BLANKED ON!?!?!? A baby shower I am helping to host! For the record, I had my part under control, Chris was planning on making the cake and I probably would have remembered to go, but still!!! How dumb can you be!?!?! Sigh... Further proof that pregnancy does indeed destroy brain cells.

(I also had to apologize to a friend I accidentally insulted and my family for getting cranky because "everyone kept talking to me". That whole brain to mouth function seems to have stopped working as well:D)

4 comments:

Fiona D. said...

One of the really bizzare things about pregnancy is that the filter that stops the mouth from saying what the brain is thinking doesn't work. Anyone who has ever been pregnant knows about the filter malfunction.

Hang in there my friend.

HonorMommy said...

I hate being pregnant! I can so relate! AT least you have a nice excuse :-D.

chelleybutton said...

Um... I have that problem and have never been pregnant... I shudder to think of how I'll be if I ever am pregnant!

And Busy, I was all planning to tell you to blame it on pregnancy, but then you beat me to it! ;) (just saying -- use this excuse while you can!;)

littlemomentsinaz said...

Would have never known you had forgotten the shower. Wow you really can be prepared in a short amount of time. Thanks again for all that you did today. I had a lot of fun and loved the games.