Monday, March 2, 2009

Positive Things About Bed Rest...

I have been put on bed rest for 3 weeks and honest to goodness it is only day 4 and I am going insane. So here are some positive things I came up with...

1. We are surrounded by wonderful friends who are eager to serve our family by playing with our boys and bringing us meals.
2. My husband loves me and this baby so much that he has not strangled me even though I am really really cranky with him for "doing my job".
3. My children actually enjoy watching television and playing computer all day long.
4. My feet don't really swell that much when I'm not on them 12 hours straight.
5. I am completely hooked on this seasons "Hells Kitchen", much to the delight of my husband.
6. I am still so tired that for the most part being forced to sit down a bit isn't too bad.
7. At the end of the day Chris still loves me even when I don't obey the doctor as well as I should. Also, he cleaned the house and did the laundry so I would stop crying.

Thats all I could think of, but who knows, God may be teaching me a lesson through all of this...

6 comments:

chelleybutton said...

hehe, the power of tears... :D (and good job, Chris!:) But why are you on bed rest? I hope everything's ok -- I'll be praying. :)

Kimberly said...

Oh no! Bed rest is so hard! What's going on? (if you want to share.) It is so so SO hard to go from being capable to having to rely on other people. And as much as it's nice that Chris is doing such a good job, it's so hard to hear people praise your spouse all the time while you sit there! Oh the joys! We'll be praying that your three weeks goes VERY quickly and smoothly and that you'll be up and around again after that!

Mary @ Giving Up On Perfect said...

REST and RELAX, BusyMommy!!! The positive thing about being on bed rest is that you're taking care of that baby! And now you have time to catch up on all the TV and reading that you've been missing and/or wanting to catch up on. So REST!!!

BusyMommy said...

It is more precautionary than anything else, I think. I have had a number of miscarriages. I am trying hard to be good:)

Kimberly said...

So we should be expecting lots of posts right? :)

HonorMommy said...

So are they making you lay on your left side the entire 3 weeks? I had to do that for Honor and it was horrible! I wouldn't be able to be on bed rest with my other kids--my husband would help out, but I wouldn't be able to stop myself from interfering! I think I would have to get myself a hotel room....'

I'll pray that these next 2 weeks go by fast for you!