Tuesday, March 24, 2009

The Ice Cream Cone...

M and Z got ice-cream cones to eat on the way to Chris's office today. Z would eat for awhile and then yell that he needed help with "the drips". I would blindly reach back, grab the cone, lick the edges, then hand it back. We picked up Chris and headed for home when Z started yelling again. I reached back and he put the cone in my hand. Sort of. Actually, he had eaten most of the cone. There was about an 1/8 cup of ice-cream balanced carefully on a 1 inch square of cone. I was covered in ice-cream and rolled down my window to toss it out, only the wind blew most of the melted ice-cream back into the car (i.e. my face). Chris was laughing his head off and Z was yelling that he just wanted the cone. So I dumped the ice-cream off the cone, rolled up the window, handed Z the remainder of his cone, told Chris to put a sock in it and dug out the wet wipes. I would love to tell you that I learned my lesson, my kids will never have ice-cream in the car again, but I will not lie to you. I learned no lesson except that I should probably look at what Z is planning to put into my hand before he gives it to me.

9 comments:

HonorMommy said...

You ARE pretty brave letting them have ice cream in the car...

Mary @ Giving Up On Perfect said...

Yes, very brave! Giving Annalyn chicken nuggets and fries in the car last night about gave me a heart attack!

But wait, are you not on bed rest anymore?

chelleybutton said...

That's totally something I would do. :)

BusyMommy said...

I remember hobbitsister only let her kids have things in the car that really couldn't make a mess (fruit snack, fruit roll-ups, things like that), but my kids eat in the car fairly frequently. I just love cleaning up messes, I guess, but one stale fry will make your whole car reek for at least a week and a half;D

melilotnfosco said...

that is a good lesson

BusyMommy said...

Yes, take it to heart single ladies who probably occasionally consume fast food in their cars;D

Kimberly said...

It's too cold here right now for the kids to eat in the car. It means that until the mittens can come off, we have to get up early on Sunday mornings- sad!

BusyMommy said...

Uh...my kids are outside playing with squirt guns:D

hobbitsister said...

queen elizabeth learned that lesson when young prince charles stuck a sucker into her hand at some official function