Thursday, May 1, 2008

Sonoita...

Yesterday "The Stallion" and I went on a three-hour horseback tour of the mountains. We had a great time! My horse (poky-butt) had to be coaxed a bit to keep up with the group, but he was very sweet. And Chris's horse (Sir Snacks-a-lot) was very gentle which was good since Chris had never ridden before. Really his only problem was that he wanted to eat everything he saw. Including my horse's tail, which was my horse's own fault since he was dawdling. The view was spectacular and, although we are a bit sore, we would definitely go again.

*Horses names were changed for my amusement.
**Chris is "a bit" sore, I, however, am a lot sore.

6 comments:

chelleybutton said...

i like your name changes :) (but what's the title of your post mean?)

hobbitsister said...

i was wondering that, too

BusyMommy said...

That is where we where, Sonoita, AZ. It is a teeny-tiny little mountain town by the Mexico border.

chelleybutton said...

so does it mean tiny mountain, i wonder?

BusyMommy said...

I think it means "tiny town"! Our directions said "you'll come to a four way stop" and then they just ended! Apparently when you get to the four way you just ask at the gas station and they tell you how to get where you're going.

chelleybutton said...

sounds fun -- like a REAL road trip :)