Tuesday, July 6, 2010

My Little Thief...

Z: Mom, look! I found $5.00!
Me: Where?
Z: In your purse. It was in your wallet. See, I found it and now I can buy legos!
Me: No, you can't. That isn't your money. Taking money out of someone else's wallet is stealing.
Z: No, I didn't steal it, I FOUND it.
Me: You FOUND it in my wallet. I didn't lose it. I put it in my wallet so I would know where it was.
Z: But I found it. If you wanted it you would have put it someplace safe.
Me: I do want it. I put it in my wallet to keep it safe.
Z: Are wallets a good place to keep money safe.
Me: Yes, usually.
Z: Okay.
(Turns to go upstairs.)
Me: Wait a second, where are you going with that money?
Z: To put it in my wallet. You know, to keep it safe.

Yes, I did eventually get my money back and Z did receive a stern lecture on "finding" things.

5 comments:

chelleybutton said...

Wow, he's persistent!!

Fiona D. said...

I see a good law school in his future.

Kimberly said...

How old is he now?
Just checking how long I have until I have to face such logic!

Rachel Olimb said...

LOL! I just love your kids!

BusyMommy said...

5 1/2 and he's very good at it.