Thursday, July 15, 2010

Let Me Explain It To You...

Z: Mom, can I watch Teen Titans?
Me: What are Teen Titans?
Z: Its a show about these teenagers who are also titans.
Me: Okay, and what does that mean exactly.
Z: I think it means that they tighten things up. You know, when they get loose and stuff.

M: Thanks for taking me to Polly's house today.
Me: You're welcome. That was nice of Fiona to have you over.
M: Yep. You know, Polly is the only girl I really like hanging out with.
Me: Okay.
M: Not that she's my girlfriend. She's not really. She's just a girl who is my friend.
Me: Good because you are too young to have girlfriends.
M: Right. But I like her. Like a friend, I mean.
Me: I'm glad you're friends with Polly.
M: Me, too. And when I get my license I'm going to take her to the movies.
Me: Like on a date?
M: GEEZ MOM! I told you she's not my girlfriend!

8 comments:

hobbitsister said...

i love your boys.

melilotnfosco said...

:)

Fiona D. said...

Polly had a good time too. And she is adamant: M is NOT her boyfriend. Just her favorite boy.

Kimberly said...

:)

hobbitsister said...

don thinks you're pretty clueless, busymommy. but then, what do girls know?

HonorMommy said...

too funny! :-D

Chris G said...

They know more then Don or I would in most cases ;)

chelleybutton said...

Oh, Busy, your anecdotes are so entertaining. :)

We went out to eat this weekend with some kids, and one of the little girls had a stuffed cat and little princess dolls with her. She asked a little boy if he wanted to play with her cat. There was a pause while he thought hard, and then, "Is it a boy?" "Yes," we said and handed it to him. :)