Friday, January 8, 2010

Nichole Nordeman, I AM...

I AM

Pencils marks on a wall, I wasn't always this tall.
You scattered some monsters from beneath my bed.
You watched my team win, You watched my team lose.
Watched when my bike went down again.
And when I was weak, unable to speak,
still I could call You by name.
And I said Elbow Healer, Superhero, come if You can
and You said I AM.

Only sixteen, life is so mean.
What kind of curfew is 10pm?
You saw my mistakes, watched my heart break.
Heard when I swore I'd never love again.
And when I was weak, unable to speak,
still I could call You by name.
And I said Heartache Healer, Secret Keeper, be my best friend
and You said I AM.

You saw me wear white by soft candlelight.
I said forever to whatever lies ahead.
Two kids and a dream, to kids who can scream.
Too much so it seems at 2am.
And when I am weak, unable to speak,
still I can call You by name.
And I say Shepherd, Savior, Pasture Maker, hold onto my hand
and You say I AM.

The winds of change and circumstance blow in and all around us.
So we find a foothold that's familiar.
And bless those moments when we feel you nearer.

When life had begun, I was woven and spun.
You let angels dance around the throne.
And who can say when, but they'll dance again.
When I am free and finally headed home.
I will be weak, unable to speak, but still I will call You by name.
Creator, Maker, Life Sustainer, Comforter, Healer, My Redeemer,
Lord and King, Beginning and the End, I AM.
Yes, I AM.

2 comments:

hobbitsister said...

Beautiful!

HonorMommy said...

I've never heard that song...LOVE it!!! I have to YouTube it now so that I can post it on facebook...beautiful lyrics!