Tuesday, January 19, 2010

But Sometimes They Are...

DVDPlay Rep: Thank you for calling DVDPlay. How can I help you?

Me: We rented a movie from you and it was too badly scratched to watch. I emailed and was told I would be contacted within 24 hours. I wasn't certain what you would want me to do with the movie so I held on to it until I got a response. In the response it says that I will be charged any late fees for not returning the movie on time. It took you 2 days to contact me and I just want to be certain I am not being charged a fee.

Rep: I see we contacted you this afternoon. The movie isn't due until 7:00pm.

Me: 7:00pm yesterday. I could have returned it on time if you had contacted me within the 24 hour time period, but you didn't. I'm not paying for a movie we couldn't watch.

Rep: Didn't you have a phone you could call us on?

Me: There was a hold of 11 people and your automated system referred me to the website. Again, had your website told me to go ahead and return the movie I would have, but it didn't. I will return it this afternoon, but I'm not paying any late fees.

Rep: Well, I will give you a one time exception on your late fees, but be aware that this is the only time I will be able to do this.

Me: This is not an exception. If you had emailed me within your 24 hours like you said you would we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Rep: Well, I can only make an exception this one time.

Me: Well, now that I know that I should just return the broken DVD after I contact you I won't need you to do this again. However it shocks me that people actually pay you to be this ANNOYING!

5 comments:

Mary @ Giving Up On Perfect said...

Oh my gosh, how annoying! Good for you for sticking to your guns!

HonorMommy said...

Wow that is frustrating!

Did you really tell them that you were shocked that someone paid them to be that annoying? Good for you! :-D

hobbitsister said...

i'd write to the ceo

Chris G said...

Just another reason I love Busy ;)

chelleybutton said...

I'm impressed too. :) But I have to say... I like how in the story about the customer not always being right, you're NOT the customer, but in the story where the customer IS right, you're the customer. ;)