Sunday, June 7, 2009

Lilly's Prayer/Science Lesson...

Lilly offered to pray during Sunday school today...

Dear Jesus-Thank you for this day and night. Thank you for the food you provide for us that we grow, pick, cook and serve. Thank you for the insects like the bumblebees that gather pollen to make us honey. And thank you for the birds that fly in the sky except the penguin who doesn't. And thank for the mammals, like the ones with long necks like giraffes and the ones with long trunks like the elephants. And thank you for the things in the ocean like fish and sharks and turtles that come up on land to lay their eggs, but swim in the ocean sometimes, too. And thank you for all our friends and cousins. Amen.

9 comments:

Rachel Olimb said...

Oh. My. Gosh. I don't know who Lilly is, but I love her! God blesses us with children for so many reasons. Thank you for sharing this :).

chelleybutton said...

she's a wealth of information! :D

hobbitsister said...

isn't God's creation amazing?! we should all be as appreciative as lilly.

melilotnfosco said...

that is so sweet :)

Fiona D. said...

I think she about covered it.

HonorMommy said...

Wow...what an amazing prayer :-D

Fiona D. said...

I think Lilly is going to be a lawyer.

chelleybutton said...

Busy, how did you remember all this to type it down later?? (I don't think I could have!)

BusyMommy said...

I was trying so hard not to laugh! She was so sincere and I did eliminate a lot of the umm...well..'s. :D