Tuesday, June 23, 2009

God's Perfect Plan...

Just some observations...

In the past year people who do not know Chris and I well have commented on the fact that we "still act like newlyweds". Actually, we don't. At least not like we used to. We made the mistake that many couples make and believed we would be happy because we were in love with each other. After many, MANY difficult years we reached a turning point in our marriage. The reason Chris and I act so in love with each other is because we are so in love with Jesus. The reason we act like newlyweds is because we know where we've been and we know where God has led us and we are so grateful to Him that we strive to do what He commanded us to and that is to glorify Him through our marriage. We are truly blessed.

When Chris and I are out without our other children numerous people have asked us if the baby I'm carrying is our first. Nope, but it never, NEVER gets old for us. Through fertility problems and miscarriages we have learned to celebrate and embrace every second with have with our children from conception on. Sometimes we only have a few weeks, even days to enjoy our children here on earth and that is okay. We are always saddened by our loss, but we are so thankful that God holds all our children in His hands. We can see clearly the gift God has given Chris and I and that is a true understanding that our children belong to God.

Maybe I'm just getting older and maybe wisdom does indeed come from age. I know it took me longer to grasp these truths than God would have wanted. I could have been spared myself and others so much sorrow and pain if I had listened more closely to His voice and truths from the beginning. All I know now is that I should have rejoiced in the midst of every trial because God was with me, molding me and shaping me and teaching me truths that will help to sustain me in future trials. Now I just need to remember to read this post when the next trial hits! :D

5 comments:

hobbitsister said...

"The reason Chris and I act so in love with each other is because we are so in love with Jesus."

it makes me so happy each time i hear this. i know the road isn't always easy, but discovering that it's all about Jesus, and not about each other, makes every day a gift, and it truly does make marriage so much richer!

Rachel Olimb said...

It's so wonderful to hear about you and Chris trusting in God's perfect plan for your lives.

Mary @ Giving Up On Perfect said...

Mark and I are happier together now than we ever were early on in our marriage. It’s amazing what some Truth will do for you!

chelleybutton said...

:D Seek ye first the kingdom of God... :)

Chris G said...

Good advice Chelly! And, dear hobbit sister, I couldn't agree more. It was quite a shock when I realized marriage wasn't about Busy making me happy, nor would I ever truly 'make' her happy. We aren't perfect, we'll dissapoint each other often if not daily. Ah, but so freeing and wonderful to know that God will never fail, never change, and always love us above all else!