Saturday, June 6, 2009

Jon And Kate...

Okay, I watched the show a few times. The kids are cute as a button. Jon seems like a fairly decent father when he's around (the episodes I've seen he is mostly at work, but I think that's because they mostly took place during the day). Kate is...well, in my opinion she does not show her husband the respect he deserves as her husband and the father of her children. Plus she kinda needs to chill out a little. I was reading that this show has a following of mostly married women with young children, so women like me, but I am just out. I'm not reading anything more about the show or the couples private lives. I am praying for the children (especially the older two) who are now living out their parents alleged problems in full view of the gossip world. And I am trying hard not to be judgmental of parents whose first decision for their children seems to be to place them under a microscope for the world to see. So no Jon and Kate for us, gossip or otherwise. I wish you the best with your very busy household and do sincerely believe that you love your beautiful children. Good luck to you both!

2 comments:

HonorMommy said...

AMEN on all accounts!

I remember when they first started their show my mom would tell me that they reminded her of me. I finally got to watch a few episodes when I was in the hospital with Samuel and I was insulted! I said the exact same thing you did--I thought she was very disrespectful to Jon. When I questioned my mom about it though, she said the reason they reminded her of me was because they had so many young kids the same age as my kids and they had to have routines to keep things in order. It takes very little for my mom to think of me I guess... :-D

chelleybutton said...

I was just gonna suggest that HM -- that she thought of you just because of all the kids. ;)