Monday, March 5, 2007

Children's Books...

I have been re-reading the Betsy-Tacy books because I am thinking about reading them to M. I really love that throughout all the books church and religion are so important. They don't actually play a pivotal role or anything, but they are mentioned frequently because they are an important part of the characters lives. I just really appreciate that a lot. After all, church is a big part of my children's lives and they can relate to that easily. The Ramona books mention church occasionally and of course the Little House books, but for the most part church and God are not in a lot of children's books. I just thought I'd point that out... (Oh, and my favorite part is when they start the Christian Kindness Club and end up being naughtier than ever...)

2 comments:

hobbitsister said...

I always liked that The Cosby Show would sometimes mention going to church. It's a big part of life for a lot of people, it just makes sense that a family in a book or on tv would go, too.
So why don't more books/tv shows include it?

BusyMommy said...

I don't know, but it kind of makes me sad.