Friday, April 29, 2011

I Met A Fellow Chemo Patient today...

She was about two-years-old and sad because her hair had just fallen out. I showed her my head and told her we were both still beautiful. Her mom said people have been so insensitive, asking questions about it and acting like the daughter couldn't understand them. I wanted so much to tell her how I felt, but what I was feeling, besides sadness, was anger and frustration that each year breast cancer raises more money and awareness than all childhood cancers combined. All cancer sucks, all cancer needs a cure, but better me than my (or anybody's) child.

3 comments:

HonorMommy said...

:-(

chelleybutton said...

Busy! You just have such a great perspective and heart. I think I must project my own feelings onto you, because when I pray for you through all this, one of the main things I keep praying for is that you'll still feel and know you're beautiful. Shouldn't I be more concerned about you avoiding pain and glorifying God?? Anyway. Thanks for that perspective, you're so right (and I don't mean that toward you! just about kids in general)

chelleybutton said...

Oh, just a disclaimer -- I didn't mean that avoiding pain is equal to glorifying God. I just meant those seem like more important/less shallow things to pray for, but like I said, out of the overflow of the heart, I guess!