Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Guess What...

Cancer sucks. I hate it more than I can ever remember hating ANYTHING. It frustrates me, inconveniences me, scares me and angers me. Those are all facts. But here are some other facts. Cancer pushes me constantly to the feet of Jesus. It keeps me on my knees in prayer. It forces me to remember what really matters. I can't bring myself to like cancer, I can't even bring myself to stop hating it. But that's okay because God never intended me to have cancer. He didn't create cancer and He didn't punish me with cancer. He is still in control and on His throne and even cancer can't change that. So take that, cancer, because you already lost!

6 comments:

Fiona D. said...

Your spirit, your winning attitude and your great love for God is so inspiring.

It is our time to take care of you, not you taking care of us.

And yet, here you are... inspiring and reminding us of God's plan, standing up to face your evil--giving the rest of us another reason to love you even more.

Kimberly said...

yup! :)

I've found that I can, on one hand, totally be thankful for being sick while still hating it's guts!

HonorMommy said...

Amen to Fiona's comment!

melilotnfosco said...

i looked for the *like* button for fiona's comment, but there's not one there. ooh! maybe you should get a *spot on* button. cuz yeah, spot on!

BusyMommy said...

Does British facebook have a spot-on button? I want one of those!

chelleybutton said...

wow :)

(I agree with everyone else, including your and mel's suggestion:)