Thursday, March 17, 2011

Today I Was Hugged By A Total Stranger...

Her name was Carly and she was five-years-old...

Carly: Did you lose all your hair because you have cancer?
Me: Yes, I did.
Carly: My great granny had breast cancer. What kind do you have?
Me: Breast cancer.
Carly: Are you going to die?
Me: No. Jesus is taking very good care of me.
Carly: Jesus took very good care of my great granny, too, but He did it by taking her to heaven to live with Him.
Me: I'm sorry your great granny died, but I'm so glad she is in Heaven.
Carly: And I'm very sad that you have cancer, but I'm very happy that you know Jesus.
Me: Me, too.
Carly: Could you come down here for a sec? I'd like to give you a hug before we say good-bye.
Me: Absolutely.
Carly: Thanks. (Gives me a big hug and whispers in my ear...) Jesus will take good care of you. He promised and Jesus never breaks His promises.

Thank you, Jesus, for that very sweet reminder. You know I needed it!

13 comments:

Kimberly said...

So beautiful!

Unknown said...

That's an amazing story. Thanks for sharing :)

hobbitsister said...

oh, that is just so beautiful. i'm sobbing now, you know.

hobbitsister said...

scout says "what a sweet girl! i want to meet her so i can give her a hug!"

HonorMommy said...

That was amazingly precious. Did you bawl your eyes out right then or wait until she was out of sight? I don't think I could have ended that hug!

melilotnfosco said...

yes, my newly emotional eyes got teary. that is so sweet.

BusyMommy said...

I'll admit to be a little teary eyed, but she was just so matter-of-fact about it that it made it a little easier not to bawl all over her. :)

melilotnfosco said...

:)

Rachel Olimb said...

Oh I love this story.

melilotnfosco said...

my mother shared this with her Bible study. one of the ladies said, 'here we've been praying for joanna, and she's blessing us.' :)

Mary @ Giving Up On Perfect said...

Well, if that isn't just the sweetest story! Faith of a child, for sure...

chelleybutton said...

Wow. Maybe she was an angel in disguise. :)

BusyMommy said...

Pretty crummy disguise... ;-)

And if God is blessing others through my story it is because He is just that awesome!