Saturday, February 20, 2010

Hope The Baby Gets The Father's Brains...

I am in the baby aisle looking for something for AJ when a young, pregnant woman and her husband enter the aisle to look at formula.

Her: Geez. This stuff is so expensive! I wish there was something cheaper. (Turns to me.) What do you feed your baby?

Me: Breastmilk.

Her: What brand is that? Do you know what it costs? (Husband looks amused.)

Me: Its free.

Her: Oh. (Leans toward husband and whispers loudly.) I think she must be on welfare.

(I could still hear her husband laughing from 3 aisles away.)

12 comments:

tandemingtroll said...

That was the kind of funny that makes you want to cry, too. Maybe if you told her that you were nursing, she would have thought that you were a nurse :-).

Fiona D. said...

I am guessing the husband isn't with her for her brains.

Kimberly said...

oh my!

HonorMommy said...

HA!!! I have to give her the benefit of the doubt though...pregnancy takes away brain cells that you don't get back until the kids graduate. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!

Chris G said...

You get brain cells back?!?

hobbitsister said...

that is too funny :)

HonorMommy said...

What do you mean Chris??? Are you saying I won't????????? Come on! Give me some home here! ;-P

chelleybutton said...

HM, did you write 'home' instead of 'hope' on purpose to be ironic? Because that's pretty funny. :)

HonorMommy said...

chelley..... my kids have not yet graduated so yes, my brain cells are still gone ;-P... still "hoping" to get them back!

Chris G said...

Just occured to me... that may be the same silly person that I encountered at Starbucks that would sell my 12 individual cups of coffee, but not 1 12cup container.

BusyMommy said...

lol...lets hope the baby at least knows how to make a decent cup of coffee then;)

melilotnfosco said...

wow is right