Wednesday, December 10, 2008

What Exactly Is A Customer...

Last night The Stallion took M to a Suns Game. Since the Suns scored more than 99 points we could take the tickets to Jack in the Box today and get two free tacos per ticket. So I took the boys to JB for lunch.
Me: I'd like a large fry, two small sodas, a cheeseburger and four free tacos. (Show her the tickets.)
Cashier: You can only use one ticket per customer.
Me: There are three of us and I only have two tickets.
Cashier: Only people who went to the game can use them.
Me (pointing at M): He went to the game.
Cashier: They aren't customers.
Me: They are ordering food, paying for it and eating it. I think that qualifies them as customers.
Cashier: They aren't paying, you are.
Me: So if I give him the ticket and he orders his tacos separately will he be a customer then?
Cashier: No. You can only use one ticket.

So I used one ticket and then went through the drive thru for my other two free tacos. What a dork.

5 comments:

Chris G said...

That manager used to work at Starbucks, huh?

chelleybutton said...

Grr, that annoys me! What a brat! Good job getting what you deserved anyway! (take that, evil JB worker!)

Mary @ Giving Up On Perfect said...

Oh, that is SO irritating! Grrr, customer "service" like that bugs me!!

Fiona D. said...

Wow! I didn't realize the employees from the Sprint Store on Stapley and the US 60 were moonlighting at Jack In The Box!

melilotnfosco said...

wow. that is pathetic.
i'm glad you got your tacos in the end.