Saturday, June 12, 2010

Over Ruled...

Z: Dad says I can watch a movie, but it is too scary for me.
Me: If dad says you can watch it I'm sure its fine.
Z: No its not! Its way too scary.
Me: Well, talk to dad about it.
Z: I did and he won't listen.
Me: Is the movie too scary or do you just want to watch something different?
Z (long, long pause): I THINK its too scary.
Me: I'm not going to tell dad not to watch that movie with M. If you don't want to watch it then don't, but dad is just as good at making decisions as I am.
Z: SINCE WHEN DO YOU LET DAD MAKE DECISIONS????

4 comments:

hobbitsister said...

see - letting our husbands think for themselves just causes trouble, and leads to frightened children.

HonorMommy said...

Too funny! MY kids know that Daddy's the boss in our family...well, when it suits their purposes anyway! :-D I was told the other day that "Mommy, it is not YOUR dinner table, it is Daddy's dinner table...unless Daddy is gone, and then it is your dinner table..." At least they understand the hierarchy...

BusyMommy said...

My kids know that Chris is in charge around here, but Z has a tendency toward drama...I think he gets it from his dad...

chelleybutton said...

lol!